Hey guys! Today I thought I would share a quick and easy recipe for my Perfect Pineapple Salsa. This is a great side dish that tastes amazing with so many things. Its delicious on its own with some tortilla chips as a snack or a starter, but it also is amazing on top of fish dishes, tacos, burritos, salads etc. It is super quick to make and it is so easy to make a massive batch of it and then keep it in a tupperware in the fridge for a few days. So here we go!
Perfect Pineapple Salsa
Time: 15 min
2 beef/chopping tomatoes
1/2 red onion
400g fresh pineapple chunks
1. Finely dice the tomatoes into 1cm cubes. The easiest way to do this is to slice the tomato in to 1cm thick slices and then dice the slices in a checkerboard fashion.
2. Repeat the dicing with the pineapple chunks.
3. Finely dice the red onion as small as possible, you don't want big chunks of onion in your salsa!
4. Finely chop the coriander - if you dislike coriander you can always add a bit less, or more if you are a massive fan! I use about half of a normal size pack.
5. Add all of the chopped ingredients in to a bowl.
6. Squeeze over the juice of the lime.
7. Add a good glug (2-3 tbsp) of olive oil.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
9. Mix together and serve or store in the fridge in a tupperware for 3 days.
If possible, I recommend leaving it to sit in the fridge for a few hours before serving. This allows the salt to draw out the juices and for the flavour to develop.